Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pistachio Pesto over Linguini

Dear Readers,

          We made a three star dish: Pistachio Pesto. Yum and Mmmm... It may look green but it was delicious, cost around $10.00, and there's leftovers for lunch tomorrow! The recipe included zucchini, pistachios, parsley, Parmesan, pasta, and garlic. Of course, there's more, but there's too many ingredients to tell. I accidentally burned myself, but was able to finish the dinner with mom.

                                                                      ~Sophia

Mom's Turn: We quickly tended to Sophia's burn, and after some ice therapy, she persisted in getting back in the kitchen to finish out the dinner. She is my persevering daughter, for sure. (And her burn is already looking much better.)

My youngest daughter decided she wanted to be on picture duty, so she grabbed my camera and started taking shots of the process. I think she did a pretty good job. She is very creative, so it just stands to reason she might just be good behind a camera. Here are just a few of her shots...


Sophia was taking care of the pasta and watching the zucchini and garlic cook, while I was running around getting the sauce put together. She did a lot to put this dish together.


Here we are (me with a goofy face, and Sophia looking as beautiful as ever) just tossing the whole thing together right before plating it on our family's favorite pasta serving dish below.


And "Ta-Daaaa!" The finished dish... Pistachio Pesto over Linguini. It was very good. The only change I would make is to make it a little saucier. We added some pasta water to it, but I would add more, I think.

Our family's overall rating was 3 stars. Try it for yourself and let us know what you think! We love comments. Out of respect for copyright laws, we do not feel it is right to list out the recipe on our blog, but you can buy the book at Amazon.com.

Total Cost = $10.00 for 5-6 large servings

No comments:

Post a Comment