Saturday, January 25, 2014

Mini Turkey Sausage Meatballs with Gnocchi and Tomato Sauce


Today, I had my youngest daughter, Emily, in the kitchen with me! Can you tell I'm still pretty cautious when my kids have a big knife in their hands?! But, it was really neat to see her interest in cooking. Of course, I had to lure her into the kitchen by promising her she could make the meatballs. She jumped right at it. There's just something about squishing your hands in meatball mixture, and my kids love it!

We baked the turkey meatballs on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees F for about 12 minutes.



And just as a candid, our dog, Addy, LOVES that we are cooking more. She hangs out around the kitchen just enough for us to trip over her as we work...


And the finished dish... With an onion, garlic, and tomato sauce, we added the cooked gnocchi and meatballs and tossed it all together. It was wonderful! We had 4 and 5 star ratings all around the table. Leftovers for lunch tomorrow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment