Saturday, January 11, 2014

Broccoli Frittata with Goat Cheese

Since we're running a little behind in our 365 days of cooking, I decided to make our recipe today for Brunch. So, I woke up, made the coffee, took a few sips, and got right to work in the kitchen. Sophia took the morning off as she "just wasn't in the mood to cook."

And after "slaving" in the kitchen for a full 30 minutes... chopping, whisking, crumbling ooey-gooey cheese, and hoping the end result would turn out amazing..... We had a big "Debbie Downer" moment. (Insert "wa-wa" here)

As my son took the first bite, his face expressed something to be desired, and he said, "Eww! Too lemony." Next were my daughters reactions... both with icky looks on their faces. And finally, I took a bite...

And personally, I liked it! The lemon is NOT too strong, and in fact, I thought it added a freshness to the dish. The goat cheese was delicious and creamy. And, as I've never made a frittata before, I thought I had burned the bottom, but it turned out to be delicious! All in all, this may not be a family favorite, but I am freezing the individual servings to eat for breakfasts this week. I have a big thing against wasting food.

Here is the end result. Instead of the BLT salad, I simply made some turkey bacon that our family loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment